Thursday, August 12, 2010

#frudayflash - Little Miss Muffet

Little miss Muffet

Sat on a tuffet

Eating her curds and whey

Along came a spider

Who sat down beside her

And….

Said…

“Isn’t it a lovely day?”

“Pardon me” Inquired Miss Muffet. A look of surprise and bewilderment on her face at the very idea of a spider speaking to her.

“Well” said the spider, “Now that I have your attention I would like to suggest that maybe you consider getting to know me a bit before you go flying off like you usually do. I suspect you will find that we have a great deal in common.”

“Reaaallly.” Muffet drawled.

“Yes” he answered. “For instance, I quite like sitting in the sun and enjoying my afternoon repast, such as yourself with your curds and whey there.”

Muffet looked down into her bowl and back at the spider who had just consumed a fly while she pondered his words.

“Yes, and walks, I love walking, scurrying back and forth across my web like I do gives me great pleasure. I have observed you walking by on a regular basis”

Muffet nodded her head in agreement. “Yes, I do love a leisurely stroll now and then.”

“And you crochet” the spider stated motioning with his front right leg to the delicate incomplete doily beside Muffet. “And I weave my web with the same care and pride as you do your crocheting”

“So you see, we really are very much alike.”

Muffet gazed at the spider, her wide blue eyes almost identical in colour to her perfectly pressed pinafore. Her blond hair shone brightly in the afternoon sun and complemented her beautiful rosebud lips.

“I don’t think so” Muffet answered and smacked a rock down on the unsuspecting spider. You’re ugly”.

4 comments:

  1. Snort! There goes my coffee!
    Very funny, Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLOL.

    Somehow I didn't see that rock coming, and neither did the spider.

    That was freakin' brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost fell off my chair with that last line. It all sounded so civilized until that rock came crashing down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect ending! A spider is still a spider, even if it can talk. :)

    ReplyDelete